"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought."
-E.Y. Harburg

Monday, January 31, 2011

God, You are... Beautiful.

Beautiful as defined by Dictionary.com: "having beauty; having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind; excellent of its kind."
And that's just it. God is every single one of those. He pleases me, I like to see, hear, and think about Him, and he is certainly excellent.
I really like art. Music, painting, sculptures, dancing... any sort of art is genuinely beautiful to me. I like to study it and figure out why it's so beautiful. I mean, besides being beautiful, there has to be some sort of concrete element that draws me to it. And that's what this whole "God, You Are" thing is about. I want to focus on what makes God so beautiful and draws me to His essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment