"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought."
-E.Y. Harburg

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Disappointment

I don't belong here. Seriously. I was made for a completely different place. I have dark skin, love hot weather, and love the beach. How the heck am I stuck in Iowa?? The answer is simple, yet hard to face: God wants me here. There is no reason that I had to choose to stay here. But, I did, because I know that God wanted me to. You see, I was supposed to go to California for a few days during break to visit my dad. Things fell through there and I got frustrated, not because I couldn't see my dad, but because I wouldn't get to see the ocean. And that made me more upset. God obviously wants me here for some reason, although I cannot figure out for the life of me what it actually is. And honestly, that's not my job down here. My job is to just do it as he tells me and follow his will as it comes. Most of the time, this is very disappointing. I want to go away for school, but that is not His will. I want to live in a nice warm place instead of this cold, blizzard ladden state. I want to have leadership but no work to do. Did you notice the beginning of those statements? I WANT... which is soooo wrong. The only thing we should be worried about is what GOD WANTS. I need to focus more on what God wants for me. This will be very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment