"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought."
-E.Y. Harburg

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.

Do you ever feel like you're just constantly waiting for something to happen or something to be over? Well, It crossed my mind the other day that that is all that I do. I'm busy, that's a fact. I work, teach, I'm a youth leader, worship leader, I write songs, and in a couple months I'll be in school again. But more often than not I catch myself thinking, "ok, get through this week. Then things will be easier. ok, graduate and things will get easier. ok, find a boyfriend and things will get easier." I'm just constantly waiting for the "now" to be over so I can get to the future. I'm impatient. I want to control my life, but it seems as though that's impossible unless I also control the space-time continuum.

I don't want to do that anymore. I want to see each day as a gift. I want everything I do to count for NOW instead of thinking what it will effect for the future. I want to make an impact, and I can't do that unless I stop waiting for things. I've gotta man-up and do what I've gotta do. It's life. It happens. I need to stop being lazy.

That's all I've to say; just something that was on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment