"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought."
-E.Y. Harburg

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

God, You are... Demanding.

We tend to think of demanding as a bad word with negative connotations. But in this case, that couldn't be farther from the truth. God demands our whole hearts, minds, and souls. He demands that we live for Him and do everything for His glory. He demands our time, money, and service. He demands that we sacrifice. And ironically, if you do turn all those things over and live for Him, you're so much better off. God demands that we stop demanding our lives. He wants all of it. And I want to give Him my whole life. I want to lose control and give Him what he demands. Easier said than done, I know. But that is my goal. And I hope that through this "God, You Are" challenge and getting rid of some bad habits I can achieve that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment