"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought."
-E.Y. Harburg

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God, You are... Holy.

Holy, Holy, Holy
Holy is the Lord
Cry Holy
O, Holy Night
Holy God
Holy Fire

So many songs have been written about the holiness of God. Last year in my doctrine class we talked about the attributes of God. After all was said and done, we came to the conclusion that while all of God's characteristics are necessary, they all stem from His holiness. Holy is defined as: "specially recognized as or declared sacred by religious use or authority; consecrated." And God is sacred. He is our authority. It should be our goal to not just be "godly," but to have all of the traits that make up God, starting with his holiness. And that is what I want to do with my life. I don't want to be a "holy roller" that no one likes or a "Bible thumper" that everyone makes fun of; I want to live for Christ and show it with the way I live.
Romans 12:1: "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship."

No comments:

Post a Comment