"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought."
-E.Y. Harburg

Monday, February 28, 2011

God, You are... Love.

Ok, so first off, I haven't written in like two weeks. Between getting sick, doing make up work, doing normal work, mid terms, and worship stuff, it's been crazy. But that's no excuse because I also let my priorities get all out of whack. And that's why I'm thankful that the day I do decide to start again, the letter is "L." I know it's cliche to say that God is love, but it's also so true. It makes me think of those Facebook bumper stickers or MySpace layouts for those that are trying to make an impact with social networking. And all that is great, as long as you remember how true it is. 1 Corinthians 13 is the "Love Chapter." Love is this, love is that... but have you ever put "God" in place of "love?" It changes it completely. It shows me that when everything is great, God loves me. When everything is not so great, like now, God loves me. When I leave God and wander away, like recently, God still loves me. Just that little fact comforts me in the midst of life. Life is hard, and it only takes God's love for me to see the purpose and keep on going. God is love. Love is a noun and an action. We should have and show love, but also love people. Love God. Love yourself. We are commanded to do so by Love himself. So that being said, love is all you need!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment